Strawberries are the fruit stars of the summer here in Ireland.
This year I was so lucky to be able to eat them straight from my parents-in-law’s beautiful garden.
Watching my father-in-law preparing homemade jam inspired me to create my own raw version.
The result is a delicious jam with similar consistency to the traditional one and all the freshness from the strawberries.
The best part about this jam is that it takes only 5 minutes to make and since it is not cooked, all the nutrients remain intact.
It is also incredibly versatile and I love using it to top my smoothies, fruit salads and pancakes.
This jam has a beautiful and vibrant red color so it is also a great present for someone you love.
Although this jam doesn’t last that long, it can stay in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, I am sure that it will be finished long before then anyway.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup Medjool dates or dried prunes
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place the strawberries and the lime juice in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds until the strawberries are completely mashed
- Then add the dates and chia seeds (optional if you prefer a thicker consistency) and pulse again for 1 minute until the jam is perfectly smooth
- The jam is ready now to eat or to store in the fridge in a closed container