These sweet potato burgers are filling, tasty and incredibly easy to prepare.
There is really nothing quite like homemade fast food. Seriously. Not only is it good for your body, but the cooking process is really fun!
Having a plant-based lifestyle is about being creative with beautiful food and this recipe shows how it is very much possible to imitate traditional comfort foods.
Makes 4 Burgers
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled and cooked)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- A pinch of sea salt
- 8 Portobello Mushrooms
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until obtaining a thick paste.
- Form the paste into patties.
- For fried burger patties: Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the patties, cooking on both sides.
- For baked burger patties: Preheat the oven to 250°. Place the patties onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof foil covered in coconut oil. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Grill the mushrooms for a couple of minutes until slightly cooked, remove excess liquid with some kitchen paper and use as natural burger buns